Wednesday, 13 March 2013

NOTD - Matte Vs. Glossy and Short Nails

Hi Glossies! Firstly it was a devastating week last week for me as my thumb nail on my right hand broke when I was filling up my beloved Pheobe (my car) with fuel. So when I went to the salon for my cuticles sorting out (I don't know the appropriate term for cuticle treatment in manicure's... possibly removing, there we go!) I knew it was time to get all my nails filed down to the same length. I usually shape my nails myself but I was already going to the salon so I thought why not get the lovely Jess to shape them for me. So I've gone from super long rounded nails to short square nails. My fingers feel short and stumpy but I'm sure my lovely nails will grow back soon enough. Moan over... sorry guys.

So on to my nail design. A few weeks ago my auntie gave me two Estee Lauder Nail Lacquers from the Pure Color range. She got them as gifts but she never paints her own nails so she gave them to me. I was like a magpie with a shiny object, the bottles on these polishes are so pretty; I would happily have a shelf full of them on display in my bedroom as they are just so eye catching. The colour I used in this design is E1 Black Iris. 


I applied my Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Base Coat to all my nails. Then I applied 3 coats of Black Iris, leaving 10 minutes drying time between each coat. Next I applied my Rimmel Pro Matte Finish Top Coat and again waited 10 minutes for them to dry. Finally I applied my glossy tips by using my Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat to the tips of my nails. I held the brush over my nail and rolled my finger rather than the brush so to keep the line as straight as possible. And this is how they look: 



The camera doesn't quite pick up the glossy tips as much as I would have liked it to but you can see it better in the second photograph. What do you think of my short squared nails? Do you like matte and glossy together? Do you have any of the Estee Lauder Nail Lacquers? I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment