Saturday, 2 March 2013

NOTD - Barry M Textured Chevrons

Hi Glossies! Last weekend I bought two of the Barry M Textured Nail Paints. Superdrug had them on an introductory offer of 2 for £6 so how could I refuse? (I think they will normally be priced at £3.99 each) I got them in Shade 1 Atlantic Road and Shade 3 Kingsland Road. They're such pretty colours, pastel blue and pastel pink, I couldn't wait to try them out. 

There are 4 Shades in this line, all named after famous haunts where Mr Barry Mero began his early working days in the markets of South and East London. The other two colours are yellow (Station Road) and Aqua (Ridley Road) and I may have to buy these next time I pop into Superdrug or Boots. The formula itself Barry M describes as 'a grainy, matte formula' that creates a unique textured effect for a grunge-chic look. I think of textured wallpaper when I look at them on the nails but that's just me.


So onto the design. I thought I'd do a pretty design with both colours, it's kind of a Spring look but hey it's the 2nd March, that's Spring enough for me. I started by painting all my nails with my trusty Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Basecoat. I waited 5 minutes then applied 3 coats of the pink (Kingsland Road) Textured Nail Paint, making sure to leave 5 minutes drying time between coats. I then waited half an hour for my nails to completely dry before adding my chevrons to my nails. I used two strips of masking tape to tape off the chevron shape at the tip of each nail. Then I applied two coats of the blue (Atlantic Road) to the tips of my nails, I did these two coats one straight after the other and then waited about 1 minute before removing the tape. I find if you wait until the polish has dried to remove the tape it just pulls part of the design off with it, so it is best to remove when still wet. I waited about 10 minutes for my nails to dry before applying my Rimmel Pro Matte Finish Topcoat just to seal it all in, at first I thought I had ruined the texture as it appeared to smooth it out; but then once it had dried the texture was still there.




So there is my first Spring manicure of the year. I'm really happy with it and I love these Barry M Textured Nail Paints. I think they will be on my nails a lot over the coming months; they just add something a little bit different. I've had quite a lot of comments on my nails since I did this design so thumbs up from me. I'll be rushing off to Superdrug as soon as I can to get my hands on the other two colours.

Have you tried the Textured Nail Paints? What do you think? Maybe you've tried Nails Inc Leather Effect? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought of them, or if you have any ideas for designs I could do using these textures. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading xxx

4 comments:

  1. still not sure how i feel about these, but i do love the colour!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about the texture or the design? Xx

      Delete
  2. Wow great chevrons! Love the color combo :))

    ReplyDelete