Friday, 8 March 2013

My Every Day Face Of The Day

Hi Glossies! I hope you're all having a great week. Today I'm going to share with you my every day makeup routine. To some of you this may seem like the most boring makeup ever because I like to look natural 99% of the time and I like my skin to be able to breathe as much as possible. So here are the products that I use for this look:


I start by applying my Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for Combination to Oily Skin. I like this BB Cream because it evens out my skin tone and gives me a healthy glow. It also prevents me from getting too shiny throughout the day as it is oil free and specifically targeted at combination to oily skin. It contains SPF 20 so my skin is protected from the harmful effects of the sun. I apply this by putting a small amount onto the back of my hand and using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff it into my skin.



Next I apply my MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer in NC15 under my eyes, around my nose and on any blemishes I may have. I again put a small amount onto the back of my hand and apply underneath my eyes using my ring fingers to pat it into my skin. I cover blemishes and apply around my nose by using my Real Techniques Detailer Brush to dab it on and then pat with my fingers to blend it. This is not the best concealer for coverage, I went to MAC wanting the Studio Finish Concealer but the lady talked me out of it saying my skin was 'too nice' for such heavy coverage and that Moisture Cover was the best idea for a multi tasking concealer. It does a reasonable job but once it runs out I am tempted to try the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer that I've read good things about.



Next I comb through my brows using the comb end of my Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil. I then use the pencil to fill in my brows very lightly and then comb through again to make sure they look natural. I am not confident at filling in my brows and could do with a lesson really. If anybody has any tips or videos then leave me a comment below with your links. I use the colour 002 Hazel as I have quite light brows for a brunette. 



Next up I apply my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly all over my lids using my fingers. It just gives a light wash of a pinky colour and prevents my lids from looking oily throughout the day. First impressions of this product weren't great for me; you can read my review here. But I have persevered, learnt to love it and now use it every day. I then apply my Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Pencil in 005 Nude to my waterline to brighten my eyes. I love this liner it just makes you look so much more awake than you actually feel at 7 in the morning. I like to curl my lashes again to make my eyes appear more open and brighter, so I use my Shu Uemura lash curlers to do this. 



Lastly for my eyes I apply my No 7 Exceptional Definition Mascara to my top and bottom lashes. The wand has one side with longer bristles so I use this for my top lashes and the other side has really tiny bristles so it is perfect for bottom lashes. I got this in a set at Christmas so it is only a mini version but I will definitely be purchasing the full size when it runs out as it is perfect for natural looking lashes.



To finish off my skin I apply my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent using my Real Techniques Powder Brush. I gently swirl the brush in the powder pan and then tap the brush on the back of my hand before applying to my T Zone and chin. I don't like to look too matte and my BB Cream is already mattifying  so I just apply the powder where I need it. I also use a tiny amount of this powder on my Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply it underneath my eyes to set my concealer. I intend to buy the Real Techniques Setting Brush for this purpose but the contour brush is small enough to do the job for now. For Blush I use Rimmel Powder Blush in Pink Rose. It is the perfect peachy pink that just goes with everything. I apply to the back of my cheek bones in an upwards swirling motion using my Real Techniques Blush Brush.




For my lips I quite often just use a colourless lip balm but if I'm feeling like a little bit of colour I use Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 206 Nude Pink. I think this is more of a summery colour but it is a really pretty shimmery peachy coral colour with gold in it and it just adds a bit more colour to my face. 



And here is the finished look (If you can call it a look, it's not really a look)



I hadn't realised until I just wrote it all down that my favourite brand is clearly Rimmel, I just love their products and they're so affordable. Do you use any of these products in your daily routine? Leave me a comment with links to your everyday makeup. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment