Saturday, 9 February 2013

Review: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Oxford St. Fuschia

Hi Glossies! I hope you're all OK and having a fabulous week. I'm quite new to wearing lipstick, I've always been a bit of a nude lip girl, as in brushing my foundation over my lips when applying it to the rest of my face, followed by a colourless lip balm for day time or a slick of some very sheer pink lipgloss for an evening. So at Christmas time I threw myself in at the deep end and decided I was going to try out one of the Kate Moss by Rimmel lipsticks and I chose a matte deep red. I haven't looked back since and have definitely found a new addiction. . . Lipsticks!

So I was shopping in Boots last weekend and of course it was 3 for 2 on Rimmel again, I was picking up my trusty Stay Matte powder and I'd been after a really pink lipstick so I went for the Rimmel Moisture Renew in Oxford Street Fuschia. I thought the Moisture Renew range seemed like a good idea for me because my lips do get quite dry, I'm forever applying lip balm throughout the day to keep them hydrated. Rimmel say the Moisture Renew Range has an 'Innovative formula with 3 super moisturisers. Lips feel up to 70% more hydrated and up to 60% smoother.' They contain SPF20, Vitamins A, C and E for protected lips.

 
 
Oxford Street Fuschia is one of 3 colours that were designed by Rimmel last year inspired by the streets of London. The Rimmel website now states that there are 17 shades available but that doesn't include any of these three extra colours. However I found mine in Boots so I'm sure they must still be available. The colour itself is what I would describe as a bubble gum pink, it doesn't look that bright in the bullet, as when I chose it I thought it looked more like a subtle rose kind of pink. But I was wrong! On the lips it is bright bubble gum pink, however I still love it and think it brightens up my face. I intend to wear it as in the photo below with minimal makeup everywhere else to really get my lips to be the focal point. This photograph is in as much natural daylight as I could get it, I was getting ready for work in a rush and it was about 8:00 in the morning.

 
The formulation is creamy and smooth, although I wouldn't say it feels quite as moisturising as Rimmel make out, my lips still felt drier than they would had I not been wearing any lipstick, so I still applied my lip balm over the top after about an hour. But maybe I have exceptionally dry lips. The colour lasted fine on my lips through drinking coffee and water all morning. I re-applied at lunch time. This kind of lasting power is good enough for me. I just applied straight from the bullet, I didn't bother with lip liner or a brush as I just wanted this to be an easy, brighten me up look.
 
These lipsticks are £6.29 in Boots but as I said I got mine on the 3 for 2 Offer. They are a little more expensive than the Kate Moss ones which are £5.49, I'm not sure why the pricing is different really. This kind of price range is perfect for me, but if you're a MAC lover then these lipsticks will be a real bargain for you. I think I will be buying more from this range in the future. Thumbs up to Moisture Renew from me. Do you have any of the lipsticks in this range? How did you find them? Leave me a comment below and let me know. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment