Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Review - Organix Moroccan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner

Hi Glossies! I've been using this shampoo and conditioner for about 3 months now so I feel like I've used it for long enough to give you all my true opinion of them. My hair is naturally very thick and quite frizzy. It is not straight and not curly, more of a wavy frizzy mess (I paint such a nice picture of myself don't I?). I also colour my hair every 8 weeks. So I've been in search of the perfect shampoo and conditioner to calm my frizz and leave me with nourished hair that during the week when I'm working can just be dried after washing and not require much styling. I may just have found them in the Organix Moroccan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner. 


Both products come in 385 ml bottles. The only downside to these is the bottle shape in my opinion, it seems difficult to squeeze the product out, especially the conditioner because it is thicker than shampoo. So once the bottle is half full it becomes quite difficult to squeeze out the conditioner and I end up having to take the full cap off the bottle. However these bottles are eco-friendly, manufactured from materials containing recycled post-consumer resin. So we can't complain too much, but please Organix if you get to read my review, redesign your bottle shapes.

Organix state that their Moroccan Oil Shampoo & Conditioners are a 'unique precious blend of Moroccan oil which instantly penetrates the hair shaft restoring shine and softness while helping to strengthen and create soft, seductive, silky perfection. Also protecting hair from harmful styling heat and UV damage'. It contains natural vitamin E and antioxidants which renew the hair's cell structure, sealing in shine and creating 'lush' softness. 

I don't think you need instructions on how to use a shampoo but it states to apply the conditioner generously to hair, working through to the ends and wait 3-5 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. So I usually shampoo my hair and rinse thoroughly, then apply the conditioner and comb through with a wide tooth comb to distribute the product evenly through my hair. Then I usually lie back and relax for 5 minutes because I like to leave conditioner on for as long as possible to give my hair a bit of TLC. These products smell amazing; clean and fresh but not over powering. After 5 minutes I rinse thoroughly with warm water. After I've got out of the shower or bath I like to add a little more oil to my hair. I have a bottle of Argan Oil which I purchased from Boots for £12.99 (You can get it here). I use one pump of this on damp hair and comb through with my Tangle Teezer before applying my heat protection spray and blow drying. 

This combination has left my hair in the best condition it has ever been in and I have only just repurchased them after 3 months. I wash my hair 3-4 times a week so I think that is pretty good going. The shampoo & conditioner is £6.99 each so they're not as affordable as your Herbal Essences but they are much more affordable than the Moroccanoil or Ojon brands which retail at £15-£20 each. You can get the Organix range from Boots (here). I now have soft, silky, manageable hair and I believe it is all down to Moroccan Oil and Argan Oil. 

Have you tried this shampoo and conditioner? What are your thoughts on them? Maybe you've tried one of the other ranges from Organix? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you got on with them. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading xxx

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Anything with argan oil in is gonna be good for your hair, and you've just proved that you don't need to spend lots of money. I haven't tried any from this make but will def have a look now. X
    Loulovesbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yay I'm happy I've convinced you to try Organix. I don't have a huge budget so I love these mid-market products xx

      Delete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.


    Organic Argan Oil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    ReplyDelete