Saturday, 16 February 2013

OOTN Something A Little Bit Different

Hi Glossies! I went to York for a night out this week for my friend's 21st Birthday celebrations and my outfit of choice was a little different to what I would usually wear so I thought I'd share it with you. 



My dress is from ASOS and it is the ASOS Petite Exclusive Skater Dress with Cut Out and it was actually in the sale at £17.50 down from £35.00 and it also comes in red (available here). This dress is so daring for me, I never wear anything revealing so I threw myself in at the deep end with this. The petite range at ASOS is just perfect me, I'm only 5ft 1in so finding dresses that fit correctly is hard, but I will check out ASOS petite range from now on. 

The dress is made from stretch fabric and you can't really see because of my hair but it has a sweetheart neckline with cut away straps, a cut out waist and flared skater skirt. At the back the zip is exposed so that is quite a nice detail. I've included a picture below of the picture from ASOS website so you can see the straps properly. I think the skater style is a good look for my body shape because I'm quite pear shaped and they show off my waist but hide my thighs. The only negative point I have about this dress is that the middle bit of fabric on my waist didn't lay flat to my stomach, it stuck out a little bit as you can see in the first photograph. Also where the skirt starts at the waist was actually too big for me so I had to get it altered and taken in a little bit to fit me properly.


On my feet I wore my favourite sparkly shoe boots from Kurt Geiger, again you can't really see them clearly in the photograph so I've included a closer picture below. They are black suede and have glitter all down the heel, they are just the best shoes ever and I'm completely in love with them. I bought them in store in October in the sale so I can't find them online but they were £40.00 down from I think £90.00.


On my nails I wore Essie Eternal Optimist on all my nails and then on my two middle fingers on both hands I used Nails Inc Chelsea Square for a bit of added sparkle. This colour combination worked really well with my Michael Kors rose gold watch as well.


Apologies for my awkward pose in the above pictures, I'm still not confident at having my photograph taken. I hope you enjoyed my Outfit of the Night and thank you for reading xxx

4 comments:

  1. That dress is lovely! And what a bargain! Love your nails too, really cute colour! x

    photo-jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, just had a little look at your blog, super cute! Now following xxx

      Delete
  2. LOVE the dress :3 You look so pretty! Definitely got a new follower ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that's so nice :D yay I love new followers <3 xxx

      Delete