Sunday, 24 February 2013

NOTD - Almost Nautical

Hi Glossies! I had a few hours spare yesterday afternoon and thought I'd do a simple little nail design. I went for nautical colours, but I'm not sure the pattern is very nautical so this design is aptly named 'Almost Nautical'. 

I used Barry M White and Nails Inc Chester Terrace. Chester Terrace is a matte deep teal colour. On some of my photographs it looks black, I did photograph in natural light and tried to capture it as well as I could, but it still looks darker than it is for some reason. Unfortunately it slipped my mind to take a photograph of it when it was matte and I wanted the manicure to be glossy so I've added a top coat. Barry M White is just a pure white colour.


I painted my ring fingers on each hand in two coats of Barry M White and all my other nails in two coats of Chester Terrace. I waited 15 minutes for the polish to dry and then I used a dotting tool to create my design. I got this in a set of 5 from ebay and the set cost around £2, they each have different sized dots on both ends. I put a few drops of Chester Terrace onto a piece of cardboard and used the largest end of my dotting tool first. I dipped it in the polish and dotted 4 large dots to the far left of my ring finger on my left hand and the far right of my ring finger on my right hand. I then used the smaller end of the dotting tool and dotted 3 small dots at either side of the row of large dots on each of my ring fingers. I waited 15 minutes until the polish was completely dry before painting on a coat of my Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat. 




I'm really happy with this design and it will stay on my nails for the next 3-4 days. Have you tried any designs with a dotting tool? Have you tried any nautical designs? Leave me a comment below with a link to your design if you have. Also if you have any ideas for designs that you would like me to do, leave me a comment. I'd love to know what you'd like to see. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment