Thursday, 24 January 2013

Review - Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara

Hi Glossies! Sorry I haven't blogged for over a week I've been really busy with work and my new gym routine, but I'm back and hoping to blog at least twice a week. So I filled in a form on the Rimmel website a few weeks back to apply try out and review their new Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara before it goes on sale in February, and I was delighted when I received an e-mail saying that one was on its way to me. I love a freebie!

There is already a Lash Accelerator Mascara out (pictured below) which I believe I had in my collection at some point. But I wasn't very impressed with that one at all, it just seemed to leave huge clumps in my lashes and make them all stick together and I threw it out after a couple of uses.


However this little beauty is a whole different story. I've only been using it for about 2 weeks, and I haven't used it every day because I don't normally have my lashes looking super long for everyday makeup but on a weekend I've lacquered up my lashes with this mascara and I can't say enough good things about it.


The packaging is eye catching and sleek, using the same colours as the original Lash Accelerator, but having the barrel the yellow/lime colour and the lid black, I think I prefer it this way; although having said that I'm not a massive fan of the yellow/lime colour in the first place. So go back to the drawing board with the colours Rimmel! Also when you place the wand back inside the barrel it clicks shut which I think is great for keeping the air out of the mascara and all mascaras should be like this to prevent drying.


The wand is long and thin and has a tapered edge , the applicator is made from plastic and  I personally prefer plastic because I think they separate your lashes so much better, nobody wants clumpy spider lashes do they? And it definitely doesn't disappoint on the separating front. As you can tell from my pictures below, my lashes are defined and separated (sorry about the lighting).



It states on the barrel that it contains 'Grow Lash Complex & Fibres' which are supposed to not only make your lashes look longer but should actually encourage them to grow longer too. How great is that? Although I'm not sure how much I actually buy into that idea; but my lashes definitely look longer when wearing it so that's good enough for me. I will try to keep an eye on my lashes (get it? haha) and see if I notice any lengthening over time with this mascara. I'll let you know if I get any results.

Overall I give the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara a huge thumbs up from me and it will be rivaling my Maybelline the Falsies and Maybelline Volum' Express the Colossal Cat Eyes Mascaras for when I want lovely long look at my fluttery eyes lashes! I've read on another blog (sophierosehearts.blogspot.co.uk) that this mascara is due to hit the shops around the 20th February and will be priced at £7.99.

Leave me a comment down below if you've been lucky enough to try this mascara and let me know what you thought of it. Do you like long separated lashes, or big voluminous lashes? I hope you enjoyed my review and thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment