Wednesday, 2 January 2013

New Years Eve Nails

I know I'm a couple of days late but I thought for my first post I would share with you my New Year's Eve Nails. They're sparkly and great for any party or special event but I think they fit the bill for New Year's perfectly. I got the idea from Miss Jen Fabulous (Twitter @MissJenFABULOUS / Blog polishandpearls.com) I love her designs and have had a go at a few of them after watching her tutorials on YouTube. So here are my nails:


I started off by using my Nails Inc. Kensington Caviar Basecoat. I've not really tried that many basecoats and this is just one I had read good things about and decided to buy. It works really well for me and it came in a set with the Kensington Caviar Topcoat for £10 at Boots which I thought was quite reasonable for Nails Inc. 

Next I painted all my nails black with Nails Inc. Chelsea. I don't really do black nails so I've not had much chance to use this colour before. I got it when I purchased a Nails Inc. Lucky Dip from their website. I can't quite remember how many polishes I got but it was £15 if I remember correctly and you get so many polishes but obviously don't get to choose them. Chelsea is what I would describe as a black cherry kind of colour, it looks like black but on closer inspection it has purply undertones.

For the glittery tips I used a Limited Edition Barry M Nail Paint called simply 'Silver Glitter'. It's just a fine silver glitter. I painted it roughly on the tips of my nails and a bit further up, it's supposed to look snowy and frosty and graduate up the nail. I really like this polish, it applies really evenly unlike some glitter polishes that can be sparse in some areas and apply in big thick chunks in others.

I decided I wanted to make the glitter tips stand out even more, so lastly I added 'Adrenalin' from Topshop over the Barry M glitter. Adrenalin has pinky silvery fine glitter with bigger holographic glitter pieces in and amongst, so in the light it looks quite multicoloured. I love this polish in the bottle but it can be quite uneven when I've used it previously on its own over a colour.

Lastly I finished with my trusty Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat, I tend to switch and change between this and Nails. Inc. Kensington Caviar Top Coat, they are both as good as each other and I've just run out of the Kensington one so I used this. It dries as it says in 45 seconds if not less and leaves a super glossy finish. It lasts really well, I think it's always worth spending a little more on a good base and top coat because it really does make your manicure last longer. I painted these nails on Sunday evening, it's now Wednesday evening and they still look perfect. 


I hope I haven't rambled on too much. Do you love or hate glittery manicures? Do you think it's fabulous for any special event or just for New Years? If you try it out leave me a comment below or tweet me a picture @RachaelSmith89. Thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment