Sunday, 27 January 2013

My Current Skin Care Routine

Hi Glossies! I thought I'd show you my current skin care routine. I don't have the most perfect skin, but what I use at the moment gives me the best results I've had so far. I'm not by any means recommending this routine to anybody, I have normal/oily skin and I just find this works for me. Warning this post is a little picture heavy.


Most of the time I cleanse my face twice a day; once in the morning when I wake up and once at night before I take my makeup off. If it's a day where I go to the gym, I take my makeup off before I go, so then I end up washing my face three times a day. On a morning I use Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, I apply one pump of it all over my face and rinse with lukewarm water, it does come with a muslin cloth as it is a hot cloth cleanser, however I found that I got more blemishes when I used the cloth so I just rinse with warm water and then splash my face with cold water to close my pores. On a night I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash to remove all of my makeup; I used to be quite blemish prone and since I started using The Body Shop Tea Tree range about 4 months ago my skin is most of the time blemish free except for the odd one that every girl gets now and again. I wet my face with warm water then rub a small amount of the facial wash all over my face including my eyes, as I find it removes my eye makeup fine as well. I then again splash my face with cold water to close my pores.


After I've cleansed my face I like to use a toner. I currently have two toners and I use them both every week. I apply a tiny tiny amount, about 5 drops to a small cotton wool pad and just wipe all over my face apart from over my eyes as my skin there gets quite dry. Most days and nights I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner, again to keep the blemishes at bay. But if I'm having a dry day I'll use The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner to give my skin a bit of extra TLC and moisture. 


Next I apply my moisturiser. On a morning I use No 7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream and it's the one for Normal/Oily skin. The No 7 moisturisers have a lovely texture and they smell nice and fresh, I find that the Day Cream for Normal/Oily is just perfect for my skin. On a night, most nights I use the No 7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream, again for Normal/Oily Skin. I do like this night cream but with all the Tea Tree products I use I sometimes feel like when it gets to night time that I need something with a little bit more of a moisture boost so I use The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream. (Pictured below is actually the day cream, but I hardly ever use this, I've just picked up the wrong one when I was photographing them). I bought the Aloe Calming collection of mini's from The Body Shop when I went on holiday at the end of September, thinking they would be useful if I got a bit too much sun, but they've been a god send throughout this cold winter when my skin has felt dry.


After I've applied my face cream I like to use an eye balm. I only bought this a week ago, before I had always just applied my face cream to my eye area as well but I found that the skin around my eyes was getting really dry so I thought I'd invest in an eye cream. I had a voucher for £5 off No 7 Skin Care at Boots so I went ahead and asked the assistant at the No 7 counter what eye cream would be best for a 23 year old with a little bit of dry skin around her eyes. She pointed me in the direction of this Beautiful Skin Overnight Revitalising Eye Balm and told me to pat it on rather than rubbing it in and to use my ring finger as that is the lightest. Also she said that it doesn't just have to be used at night, so I apply this to my eye area morning and night, I pat it underneath my eyes but also across the top over my eyelids as this is where I'm most dry.


Once a week I like to use a scrub. I currently use The Body Shop Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash, blackheads are my main skin concern, I've always had a bit of blackhead problem around my nose and chin and every now and again I get a few on my forehead. Having said that I have had this scrub for a couple of months now and haven't particularly noticed a reduction in blackheads on my skin. But the product is still quite full and I will continue to use it until it runs out. I cleanse my face with the Tea Tree Facial Wash first and then apply a tiny amount rubbed in gently all over my face except for my eye area.


Another product I like to use once a week is a mask. This is the only mask I've ever tried and I've just kept repurchasing it over the years. It's the Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash & Mask. I never use it as a wash, I just find it works ok as a mask. If I'm feeling like my skin is a little red I apply this and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water and then splashing with cold water. It seems to take the redness out of my skin and it is supposed to unclog pores which my skin does feel squeaky clean after I've used this. I think when this runs out I will probably be on the lookout for a different one, just to see if I can get better results as I'm not in love with this product, it's just sort of ok.


My last little gem is The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil. I use this if I can feel a blemish starting under my skin. I apply a drop or two to a cotton bud and dab it onto the area before I go to bed. Or if I'm quite blemishy around my chin I will apply a few drops to a cotton wool pad and sweep it over my chin. It doesn't completely get rid of the blemishes but I do think it reduces redness and I always think of Tea Tree as being anti bacterial so I like to think it removes the dirt and prevents the blemishes from multiplying.


So that's what works for me at the moment. I will be testing new masks and scrubs out when these ones are all used up but I'm happy to continue using the ones I have for the moment. Sorry for this ridiculously long post but I didn't want to do skin care in two separate posts. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading. What skin care do you use? Do you swear by The Body Shop Tea Tree range too? Leave me a comment down below and let me know xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hun

    I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Please go check it out on my blog. I look forward to your answers.

    http://thejassyworld.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jassy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, thank you that's so sweet. I shall get to it answering your questions tonight xxx

    ReplyDelete