Saturday, 12 January 2013

Glitter Heart Manicure

Hi Glossies! I thought I'd share with you my weekend manicure. First of all I have to give a shout out to Jess from Sheer Beauty in Cleckheaton for my lovely manicure. I love doing all the painting and designs myself but I can never do the cuticle bit so she tidied them up nicely for me and made my nail shape all even and rounded. I've never had a salon manicure and I really enjoyed it, so thanks Jess. 

So onto the manicure. I used Barry M Berry Ice Cream and Nails Inc Buckingham Street for this design.


I painted two coats on all my nails with Barry M Berry Ice Cream, it's a lovely pastel lilac colour, it's very summery but I saw it in my lovely ever growing box of nail polish and just felt like using it even though it's far from Summer outside!


I waited a couple of hours after applying Top Coat to make sure that my nails were completely dry. Then I used a small piece of masking tape, folded it in half and cut out half a love heart, unfolded it and there you have a perfectly symmetrical love heart template. I stuck my template firmly onto my ring finger and filled in the heart with Nails Inc Buckingham Street, I got this in my Nails Inc Lucky Dip as I've spoke about in previous posts and it's definitely one of my favourite Nails Inc polishes of the ones I own. It's a deep pink almost purple and silver fine glitter, it needs a colour underneath as I don't think it would be very opaque on it's own but it is fabulous for this sort of thing. I left it a good 5 minutes to dry before removing the masking tape and doing the same on the ring finger of my other hand. And after Top Coat this is what it looked like:




I really love this design and will definitely try it again with some other colour combinations. Have you ever used masking tape for a manicure? What design did you try? Leave me a comment below with designs, I love looking at other people's ideas. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading, tweet me a picture if you give it a try xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment